Last Updated On February 20, 2021
Check NDA 2021 Last-Minute Tips, Book List & Selection Process for learners
NDA exam is one of the most sought after defence entrance tests in the country. The exam is directed for admission to Indian Navy, Indian Army, and India Air Force. NDA is conducted twice a year in 2 stages: Written Test and SSB Interview. Approximately 4 lakh candidates appear for the NDA exam every year, out of which above 6,000 are called for SSB interview. Here, we will share information about the NDA 2021 last minute tips, selection process and book list.
NDA 2021: Last Minute Tips, Books and Selection Process
The application for NDA 2021 is over by now. But the exam is scheduled to take place on 18th April 2021. So, it is important to utilize these final months before the exam. One should not lose focus from their preparation at this point of time and must follow the below mentioned tips to do well in the exam.
- English is not a major issue – All English medium applicants will find the English section considerably easy. But to increase your prowess in English, start reading newspapers. Also, solve previous year question papers.
- Attempt all the questions from your native subject – Try attempting all questions from your main subjects – History, Geography Physics, Chemistry, Economics. This will help students to increase your score. Your theoretical knowledge is more than enough to attempt those questions.
- Prepare in-depth about current affairs – All of the questions from Current affair are asked in either statement type questions or directly asked questions. Having good knowledge about them will fetch good marks.
- Do not leave any topics – To score more in this exam, aspirants should have good knowledge about other subjects as well. Like science students should have basic knowledge about Commerce and History. Knowledge about every topic will increase your chances of selection.
- Practise more Sample & Previous papers – Practising previous year question papers and sample papers will give you a clear picture about the exam. You will be able get an idea about where you stand in your preparation. The sample papers will give you a hint about the NDA exam pattern, and help you to manage time.
- Memorize the formulas: Do not forget the formulas of Maths or Quant section. Check the topics of your syllabus and memorize the formulas accordingly. This will help you solve numerical based questions fast.
- Relax and take breaks: During the final level of NDA preparation, try to relax and give your mind some rest. This will help to stay calm and remember lessons before the D-day. Your mind can be a perfect storage machine only if handled properly. Take some breaks in between which help you rejuvenate further before studies.
- Don’t Hurry Yourself: Don’t hurry up and stay calm and composed. If you hurry too much then the entire preparation process may hamper. Keep a cool mind and stay calm with whatever you do.
- Revise: Revision is one of the ways to prepare just before the NDA exam. It helps you take a relook into your preparation.
UPSC NDA Important Books 2021
We will provide the list of most important books in this year, which you can refer to apart from the NCERT books for practicing questions. In the following books you can search for ample questions to improve your speed and accuracy through practice:
|Quantitative aptitude for competitive examinations||R S Aggarwal|
|English Grammar and Composition||Wren and Martin|
|Mathematics for NA & NDA||R S Aggarwal|
|Study Package maths NA & NDA entrance test||Arihant|
|History Of Modern Indian||Bipan Chandra|
|Indian Society – GS1 – Social Problems In India||Ram Ahuja|
|NDA Mathematics (Hindi)||RPH Editorial Board|
|Objective General English for Competitive Exams||S.P. Bakshi|
|Manorama Yearbook 2017||Mammen Mathew|
|NDA Mathematics (Hindi)||RPH Editorial Board|
|Technology and Science in India||Kalpana Rajaram: Spectrum|
|NDA Oxford School Atlas (Geography)||Oxford|
Selection Process of NDA 2021
The selection process of the exam will include a written test and SSB Interview. Mentioned below is the NDA SSB interview process.
NDA SSB Interview
The selection criteria in the NDA or National Defence Academy is a two-part process. Part 1 is the written exam and part 2 is the SSB interview.
- The recruitment procedure in the National Defence of Academy was judged depending on marks scored out of 900 collectively in part 1 and part 2 of recruitment.
- After the declaration of National Defence of Academy 2021 results, successful students will have to register themselves at the official website within 2 weeks.
- SSB interview includes two stages – stage 1 (PPDT and OIR) and stage 2- (Interview, Group Discussion, Psychology Test, and Conference).
- After stage two is done, a final merit list is made by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) which provides the list of final recruited students.
NDA Document Verification Process
After a PI (personal interview) round, the qualified students will have to appear for the document verification round. The eligible candidates must bring the expected documents to SSC (Services Selection Centre).
Below is the set of expected original documents to be required for the NDA Documents verification 2021:
- Pan card, aadhar card, and voter card – proof of Identity
- Qualified Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Passport size photo
- Category certificates for the reserved category students
- Proof of residence
A medical exam is the final round of the exam. The students will be referred to the Board of Service Medical officers by the SSB for medical tests. The candidates shall be deemed qualified for recruitment if and only if they are found to be medically fit by the medical officers.
NDA exam 2021 is one of the most prestigious exams in India. It ensures the recruitment to the various wings of Indian Army. Hence, the competition level is also tough. So, we hope the above information will be beneficial for students who are in their final level of preparation. Stay tuned to our blogs further for more information on this.